Welcome to Atlanta Acupuncture’s Careers Page!
We are a premier acupuncture clinic located in the heart of Atlanta, providing exceptional care to our patients for over 10 years. Our team of licensed acupuncturists and staff are dedicated to providing the highest level of service and care to our patients, and we are looking for passionate and skilled individuals to join our team.
At Atlanta Acupuncture, we believe in empowering our team members to grow professionally and personally. We offer a positive work environment that encourages collaboration, learning, and personal development. We value diversity and believe in creating an inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive.
We are currently seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team in the following positions:
1. Licensed Acupuncturist – Need Supervision or are you a Georgia Licensed Acupuncturist looking for a place to call home and ready to explore career growth opportunities?
You’ve completed an MSOM program in the US, or comparable program from another country and have passed or are preparing to sit for the NCCAOM Chinese Herbal board exam.
For the novice practitioner:
Buckhead Acupuncture & Herbal Center is available to provide recent graduates supervision in order to fulfill Georgia Composite Medical Board’s “one year post graduate experience” for full licensure.
For the novice and experienced practitioner, the following opportunities are available to those that join our practice:
● Mentorship with experienced practitioners who have been in practice for 10-16+ years.
● We have a raw herbal pharmacy. If you’re not an MD, don’t prescribe (tea)pills. Learn to prescribe real herbs!
● We’ll show you how to network and build amazing collaborative relationships with allied medical professionals.
● Contributions towards continuing education:
Including classes to realize your specialty practice in one of the areas below, CEUs for NCCAOM certification, and the DAOM.
● Increase your earning potential by prescribing raw customized herbal prescriptions, patent herbs, and supplements. If you’ve held an acupuncture for 4 years of licensure, supervise recent graduates who approach us for first year supervision. After 3-5 years with us, be considered for opening a new BAHC location which you’ll run with increased compensation for yourself and shared compensation from your own associates.
● Work in a growth-minded, collaborative environment where our biggest goals are to help our patients, continue personal and professional development, and spread the development and awareness of Chinese medicine among the public and like-minded physicians.
- Be part of something greater than yourself, participate in volunteerism for a chosen organization in need.
The strongest applicants will have some or all of the following:
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience
- DAOM graduate or candidate is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with Master Dong or Tan Method, distal treatment styles.
- Comfortable writing customized herbal prescriptions for a wide range of internal medicine conditions
- Previous entrepreneurial experience: whether you were a success or a failure, both are invaluable.
- A. Fluency in a second language that allows you to care for patients in a language other than English is exciting to us.
B. Read or are willing to learn to read at least some Chinese (our herbal cabinet only has traditional Chinese characters).
7. You are kind, compassionate, and diligent with a lifelong love and dedication to learning.
8. Show some humility. Those with an air of entitlement will not be considered.
Strong preference given to those practitioners with an existing strong knowledge in at least one of the following areas or those interested in becoming specialists in one or more of these areas:
● Acupuncture with a biomedical approach such as neuropuncture, orthopedic acupuncture, dry needling etc. (We are interested in someone drawn to this style of acupuncture because physicians and patients are seeking out physical therapists to perform these types of acupuncture. We are strongly opposed to PT’s practicing acupuncture with any less training than an L.Ac. We do not believe that this style of acupuncture is superior to more traditional or classical styles of acupuncture but we want to diversify our offerings. Who better than an acupuncturist with these leanings to educate and MD or patient.)
● Cosmetic Acupuncture
● Infertility and Women’s Health
Approximate pay below, calculated based on working 48 weeks per year + 4 weeks off (unpaid) and how many patients you would like to see on a weekly basis. Health insurance and 401k are not offered at this time but may be in the future if we transition to salaried positions but pay may be reduced to cover these additional costs to our company. At this time you are responsible for paying taxes on your own income.
Will discuss in depth Income in our initial call.
*We don’t recommend seeing over 40 patients a week but if you want to have a higher volume practice and believe you can still maintain our high standards of customer service, we are willing to work with you to grow your practice
** Health insurance and 401k are not offered at this time but if we move to a salaried position in the future, we may consider offering benefits at that time.
(will discuss income for this in person as well)
Higher earnings available to those who have completed DAOM from the US or PhD’s from China or Korea.
If you are interested:
- Please send resume to [email protected]
- Enter “Chinese Medicine Practitioner Position” in the email Subject Line
- In the body of the email, attention to Mr. Xiang Kangde with a short description about why you are interested in joining our practice and what unique qualifications you have that would be an asset to BA&HC.
- Once you have sent email, please follow up with a phone call to confirm that we have received your email. 678-549-7848
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Holistic Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Choose your own hours
- Acupuncture License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
2. Front Desk -Buckhead Acupuncture & Herbal Center is looking for a part-time Front Desk Receptionist at our Buckhead location (2233 Peachtree Rd, Suite 210 Atlanta GA, 30309). The Front Desk Receptionist will be responsible for answering calls, greeting patients, scheduling appointments, and maintaining the appearance of the office. We are looking for someone to work ~25-32 hours a week.
- Responsible for answering phone calls and emails to coordinate schedules and book appointments
- Inform new patients of cost, frequency, and expectations of receiving acupuncture and herbal prescriptions
- Greeting patients and bringing them back to treatment rooms and their practitioners
- Changing sheets and doing laundry
- Assist in tracking and restocking herbal inventory.
- Providing patient documentation to individuals
- Checking out patients and receiving payment
- Maintaining HIPAA compliance
- Assist in keeping the space clean and organized.
- Positive, friendly, and compassionate personality with a desire to help others
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Experience with google calendars
- Comfortable with data entry and google docs, word, and excel
- High school diploma or GED
- Eager to learn about Chinese medicine
- Familiar with Chinese medicine
- Experience with Unified Practice or other similar medical practice management software
- Aspiring acupuncturist, not required
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
Compensation & Benefits:
- $15 an hour
- Bi-weekly Complimentary Acupuncture
- Herbal medicine at cost
- Flexible work schedule
- Ideal Schedule, but open to discussion:
- 10am to 4pm, 3 to 5 days a week
- Required at least 25 hours a week
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION: Please leave a voicemail at 678-549-7848 or email your number with best times and days your available for a return call.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atlanta, GA 30309: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have some experience working in a medical environment? Do you have some knowledge of basic medical vocabulary? Not a must but it is appreciated.
- Do you have experience working in a medical office? Are you famillar with basic medical vocabulary? Not required but appreciatded
- Customer service (Required)
Work Location: One location
At Atlanta Acupuncture, we offer competitive pay and flexible schedules. We believe in investing in our team members’ professional development and offer opportunities for continuing education and career advancement.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!